Furniture Deep Cleaning – This Is How You Can Deep Clean & Sanitize Your Furniture
So, you’ve upholstered furniture in the house but you’re worried about its good cleaning and sanitization? You’ve reached right there. Upholstered furniture can get stained, smelly, and look worn with time. But don’t worry; in this guide, we’ll walk you through the tips and tricks of furniture deep cleaning. So, continue reading.
Give Throws, Blankets, And Throw Pillow Cases A Good Wash
The very first step of furniture deep cleaning is to remove your blankets, throw pillowcases, and throws and wash them well. Don’t forget to check the manufacturer’s label to make sure they are washable. We’d suggest you wash them in a cool/warm setting followed by drying.
Steps To Wash Throw Pillows
- As stated earlier, always check the manufacturer’s care label on your throw pillows before proceeding further.
- Remove the cover of a throw pillow and wash it separately.
- If the pillows are not machine washable, you can toss them in a dryer on high heat with some clean tennis balls. This will help eliminate the smells and germs.
- Wash and dry the pillowcases on low or no heat.
- While washing /drying your cushions and pillows, look over your furniture for any spills and stains. If there is anything, remove it using an upholstered fabric cleaner.
Can You Make Upholstered Fabric Cleaner At Home?
Of course, you can! The recipe is so simple. You just need to combine ¼ cup of warm water and 2 teaspoons of castile soap. Then dip the cloth in the prepared mixture and dab the stains and spills. Once they are removed, absorb the remaining liquid using a clean, dry cloth. You can add a little splash of water to absorb the leftover soap solution.
Vacuum + Clean
This is the most important part of furniture deep cleaning: vacuuming. For optimal dirt removal, an upholstery and nozzle attachment can work well. You can also use a good de-fuzzing if your upholstered furniture is pilling.
This is the final part of furniture deep cleaning. Once you’re done with removing stains and smells and vacuuming, it is advisable to freshen your furniture using a freshener spray. Don’t worry; this is so simple to make at home. You’ll want:
- 1/4 cup vodka (or rubbing alcohol)
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 drops of lemon essential oil
- spray bottle
Combine all these ingredients in a spray bottle. That’s it!
Of course, sanitizing your furniture is not essential, but it can freshen up your furniture, get rid of odors, and kill the lingering germs.
Once you’ve done with all the steps including sanitization, put everything back (pillows and blankets) and enjoy your furniture!
Why Furniture Deep Cleaning Is Important?
It is so important to keep the furniture pest-free, stain-free, and odor-free. Otherwise, it can lead to several health issues including respiratory diseases such as asthma. So, to protect yourself and your family from severe health conditions, periodic furniture deep cleaning is a must!